Monday, January 3, 2011

Growing Up





Isn't my Mom just beautiful? These pictures of her as a young girl are so special to me and I wish I could see all the albums that I know are floating around somewhere in the Gonzales family.

I hope that this year I finally make that step and become the wife, mother and friend and that my Mom works so hard to be. She's the best, she really is.

So with that being said, here are my resolutions for this new year to help me to finally grow up and handle my biznaz:

1. Lose the baby weight by Christmas.

2. Finish loads of laundry. As in, don't leave heaps of clean clothes in the middle of the living room for a week (or two) before putting them away.

3. To never go to sleep with dishes in the sink.

4. Start family reading time at night. Every night.

5. Listen to more music.

6. Make something every month. I think weekly projects are going to be too overwhelming for me to handle along with resolutions #1, #2, #3, #4, #5.

7. Take a picture a day of my family. This includes me, as well. Since my baby weight gain I have been in hiding for the past two years and I regret it.

8. Focus on my career. Or whatever it is I'm going to be doing with myself professionally.

9. Be a better friend. I miss them dearly and it turns out that being a wife and mother doesn't make me that different.


10. Go to Church every Sunday.

Phew! I'm exhausted already. There's no time like the present so I better get started!

xoxo

4 comments:

Glorysgirl said...

Wow! What great and impressive resolutions. You go girl - I can't even imagine taking on half that much and I don't even have a husband and kiddo(s) to handle :)

Ashley

Unknown said...

I'm normally TERRIBLE with resolutions but I'm keeping my fingers crossed this year!

Taryn and The Girls said...

I'm taking a picture a day too! We'll see how it goes. If it works out well, each year I'd love to make a "year in review" photo book. I completely agree with you about being in pictures. I don't necessarily like what I look like in pictures often, but that can always be fixed. I don't want to miss out on photo opts with the girls in the mean time. I think I'll add that to my list too :) I guess chris will need to brush up on his photo skills!

Unknown said...

I know! I told Brandon that he needs to figure out a way to make me look as good as possible in EVERY kind of light. I love the idea of a "year in review", I might have to steal that idea from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...