Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Mary Poppins


So I came across this today and decided that if a brief, yet beautiful, poem from Mary Poppins could bring me to tears, that it was definitely worth sharing.

"You're a man of high position, esteemed by all your peers.
And when your little tikes are crying,
you haven't time to dry their tears.
And see their grateful little faces, smiling up at you.
Because their dad, he always knows just what to do.

You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone.
Though childhood slips like sand through a sieve,
All too soon they've up and grown..
And then they've flown.
And it's too late for you to give."

That sure does hit a nerve down deep, doesn't it? As exciting it is to see Emma hit milestone after milestone with ease and flare, I can't help but miss my darling baby girl. I'm hoping Austin will fill the 'baby void" I have been feeling lately but at the same time I want to stop time and hold on to these last special days as a family of three. Pregnant lady hormones or not, I think I am going to spend the rest of my life missing my girl's adorable potbelly and all of those tiny fingers and toes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...