Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A Few New Things

I thought it would be a good idea for me to post about the little changes we make to the house so that when we finish a room we can look back and see exactly how much hard work and planning went into completing it.

So far it has been getting an item here or there and slowly building towards the bigger picture. My slow and steady approach was shaken this morning when I saw that a console table I have been eyeing (drooling over) for the past year just got a nearly $300 price increase. So I might be a little more hasty with the things that I fall in love with from now on. Maybe.


First off, my nightstand. I'm kind of in love with it.

This was my birthday present from my parents and I am pretty much obsessed with it. Along with it's sassy legs and charming little drawer pulls, it serves as some much needed storage in the bedroom. Brandon likes it as well so if we ever make it out to Ikea again, he is getting a matching one for his side.

Now that we have our nightstands this only means one thing. Lamps!!! I have been almost embarrassingly excited that my search can begin and we will actually have a place to show them off. Also, how nice will it be to have some nice reading light instead of the glow of the TV? Very nice.

See aforementioned adorable drawer pulls:


We also got a new king size bed that was delivered yesterday. This picture was Emma's last nap in our old bed. I can honestly say that last night all four of us had the best night of sleep in our lives. Austin had more of a snooze in Mommy's lap, but I can tell that he still enjoyed it.


Brandon got me a new dining room light for my birthday, as well. Let me tell you, this light is so delicate and beautiful that it totally transforms the house. Things are coming together, folks. Slowly but surely.


That's it for now. I'm off to teach Emma the importance of not slamming drawers on Mommy's new things.

1 comment:

Shea McGee said...

Wow! Everything is looking so great!

PS. We upgraded to a king recently and I can agree...life changing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...