Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Cool Evenings


Since we are forced to spend our days in hiding from the ridiculous heat I love when we head out right at dusk for a stroll around the pond. It never fails, there is always a little girl at the park for Emma to play with and a few ducks for her to chase. Even baby boy loves being outside with the breeze hitting his face. I don't think I saw his smile leave his face once.


I am loving this time home with my little ones and even though I never know what to expect from one moment to the next, I wouldn't trade a second. Austin is already almost 4 months and my girl doesn't even look like a baby anymore. Austin can hold up his head like a champ and loves ceiling fans, being tickled and seeing the world from the Baby Bjorn. And Emma, where do I start? She just keeps stretching and stretching and I can't even believe the conversations that we are able to have. She can carry on about apples, crayons, princesses, and her "bookses" all in a single thought without missing a beat. She is something else.


These kids are growing too fast but I am loving what I'm seeing. I read a quote on my favorite blog yesterday that said,

“Your children will become what you are; so be what you want them to be.” - David Bly

Pretty wonderful don't you think? It makes it all seem so simple and altogether overwhelming at the same time. I'm hoping to start incorporating this philosophy into my life with the hopes of enriching all of our lives a bit more.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...