Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Emma's First Dance Recital




A couple of weekends ago we got to watch my big girl up on her stage performing for her ADORING crowd. I can honestly say that all the weeks of wrestling with Austin in the waiting room outside of her class were worth it when I saw her strut her stuff. I was so proud of her that I cried through both performances! Seriously, I need to get a grip. I know that the tears aren't going to fly when she is fifteen and embarrassed by my bloated, splotchy face. Must. hold. it. together!

It's intimidating up on that big stage and she totally owned it. She even took a few moments after the dances were over to stop and bow, wave and blow kisses to the audience. She really bonded with the other girly girls in her class and it was so special to see this group grow over the year. The behind the scenes action was hectic and full of fat tears on freshly mascara-ed eyes because you accidentally pushed in the last bobby pin too far, but looking back I wouldn't change a thing.

She is incredible. I love her to pieces. I can't wait until next year.

And I miss my dancer body.


P.S. She just started gymnastics and is loving it! Watching her hurl herself down the "cheese mat" trying to do a somersault is the most hilarious and heartwarming thing I have ever seen. Again, with the tears. I'm a lost cause.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...