Monday, July 23, 2012

a day out with my favorite ladies.




On Saturday I spent the afternoon shopping and lunching with my Mom and MRS. TAMARA MILLER!!! That's right, she came down to visit for the week and we are so, so happy to have her back. My sister recommended that we go to this new restaurant called, Up, off Westheimer and it was fun and fancy, just like Mandy. We split a shrimp and avocado salad and the duck lettuce wraps which managed to satisfy my recent cravings for Peking duck and bánh mì sandwiches all at once. I know, I have weird cravings. I've also only had Peking duck once in my life - 4 years ago. So the craving has been building for quite some time.

For dessert I tried a vegan cupcake from Sprinkles and it was really, really good. I was a little sad to pass up an opportunity to gorge on my beloved dark chocolate (I never get anything else. I'm nothing if not loyal) but it was delicious and I might even get it again.

It was so nice to be out and about without the kids for a change and I definitely felt rejuvenated when I got home. It's amazing what a little retail therapy will do to a person!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...