Monday, November 5, 2012

TANGERINE AND ALMOND SHORTBREAD

We are all starting to finally feel better and I am itching to get in the kitchen and do some serious cooking. After a week of watching the kids basically only eat crackers and juice I can think of nothing better than whipping up something warm and comforting. We have had a beef stew in the crock pot all morning and I'm thinking that this shortbread tart will be the perfect dessert. I might substitute mandarin oranges in place of the tangerines and will most definitely be topping it off with some fresh whipped cream. I can't wait to try it out.




I just recently discovered Food52 and I'm kind of obsessed. Have you ever been to the site? I love how they photograph their way through the recipes without being too editorial. You know what I mean - no beautiful linen napkins purposely stained with chocolate sauce dripping off of rusted vintage silverware. Don't get me wrong, I love a good styled photo shoot (LOVE!) but sometimes it's just kind of refreshing to let the food speak for itself.  Food52 is quickly becoming a new favorite and I have bookmarked so many recipes (most noteworthy being this, this and this) that I can't wait to try.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...