Saturday, December 1, 2012

CHRISTMAS LIST: cookbooks




To say that I love cookbooks is a bit of an understatement. I adore them. Read them in their entirety. Study them. Go into a blind rage if someone bends the pages.

They are my thing.

I always love getting books for Christmas and these four are at the top of my list this year. Aren't they beauties? Not only do I love recipes, both modern and traditional, but I am a total snob about it. These books are more than just recipes to me. They are the hard work and materialized dreams of people that I admire and respect. Plus, they look so pretty in my bookshelves.

While we are on the topic of food (why do I always find myself here?), I just wanted to share a couple of videos that I stumbled upon and felt the need to pass along. They both made my heart race a little and I had that smile/teary eye thing going the entire time. It's my favorite feeling and after seeing them I hope you understand what I'm talking about. They are just smart, hardworking people doing what they love. What's better than that?





By the way, Contigo is on the very top of my list of new restaurants to try out on our next trip to Austin. I feel like the city has changed so much since I finished school and it will be so exciting to rediscover it with my new little family. Fingers crossed that we make a trip before the year is through!

both videos found via Camille Styles

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...