Wednesday, December 19, 2012

my babies


I spent most of the weekend crying and completely absorbed in the coverage of those poor babies in Newtown. I can't even imagine what happened. My mind really can't even process what life would be like without my two precious little ones. They are my whole heart and my entire world. I have been keeping up with the bios of the children that the parents have shared with the media because if we were in their situation I would want everyone to know that my angels were more than just lives cut short. I would want the world to know about their quirks and amazing spirits. Their silly little ways and contagious giggles. That they were loved more than any other children were ever loved and that they meant so much to so many people. I feel like I owe it to them to grieve. From parent to parent, to extend my heart and prayers in this overwhelming tragedy.

I'm not sure how the community of Newtown is supposed to move on, rebuild their lives, carry on in this crazy world that we live in. I just know that I have prayed more in the last week than I have in years. I have held my own babies and kissed them till they fell asleep. This Christmas is going to be different because the events of Friday have changed me. Rocked me to my core. Made me see how this life and this world need more love and less of everything else. We are going to practice more gratitude, kindness and patience. I want to work on building a home that is full of love and a faith so strong that we will feel safe and protected always. I know I can't change the world, but we need to start somewhere.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...