Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Morning Lessons



Nana bought her girl a lesson book yesterday and it was the first thing she wanted to dive into this morning. She actually slept with the book tucked under the pillow! At first, the lesson was going really well. She had her requested red pencil and Doc McStuffins playing in the background, what more could a girl need?

When she realized that she couldn't quite make each letter perfectly...things got a little ugly. We all know that Emma is extremely competitive, but I had no idea what a perfectionist she is! I guess it goes hand in hand. I'm on a mission to have her be able to write her name by the time preschool starts in the fall, so hopefully she will loosen up a bit with more practice. I tried to be as supportive as I could during her meltdown and gave her a good "practice makes perfect " speech. I offered to help her by practicing a few letters together and I thought that really went well. That is until I "messed her up"...

 She is so ridiculous and I wouldn't have it any other way. Love my girl.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...