Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Progress...I Think


Two nights ago I made tortilla soup and Emma lingered over her bowl and only ate a few true bites. Better than nothing.

I blended up the tortilla soup till it was nice and creamy and DELICIOUS and Austin acted as if I was shoveling boiling acid into his mouth. He cried, I cried, we gave him a big cup of milk and called it a night.

The next morning I roasted bananas and blended them with blueberries and he spit them out all over the kitchen. More crying.

Last night, however, I blended him up half an avocado, a good handful of pineapple and a banana and he ate ten bites. After those ten bites he wanted nothing more to do with it but it at least restored my confidence a bit.

I know he should be eating everything we eat, but we just aren't there yet. At 17 months I would love to sit at the table and give him his own little plate to pick at. For now we are just going to take it one meal at a time and pray that I don't see another 6 month old being spoon fed rice (real rice) or any other vegetable with a big chubby smile on their face. I might lose it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...