Friday, January 25, 2013

Happy Weekend!


It's finally the weekend and we are having the best weather. It's 75 degrees and breezy right now and it made unloading groceries with two little ones feel downright amazing this morning. We are taking full advantage of this beautiful sunshine and plan on spending as much time outside as possible. We're hoping a little dirt and fresh air will finally cure that nagging cough that the babes can't quite get rid of. Or it will make it worse. Either way this cabin fever thing is coming to an end today! I mean, if this gorgeous Mommy in the pictures above can look like a million bucks with an infant and burp cloth on her shoulder then so can we. And hello, braids! I'm going to figure you out this weekend if it kills me!

Happy Weekend!

On a side note: Just so we're clear, this week has been exhausting. My head has been somewhere way up in the clouds and I'm feeling completely worn down. In between botched meals, failed attempts at discipline and letting the laundry just pile up, I've started to lose it entirely. Sometimes when I feel like I'm about to break down I'll initiate these conversations with Emma that I assume are way over her head just so I can vent a little. Early this morning while Austin was wailing about something or other, I told her, "You know, I'm just trying to be a good Mommy so that you will be a great adult. It's a lot of pressure, you know?" Thinking that she was completely absorbed in her play-doh she surprised me by looking up and saying, "Thanks, Mommy. I'm going to be a great Mommy one day because I'm going to remember how you are. The best Mommy in the whole wide world! I'm still little right now. Just wait until I'm five tomorrow (her birthday is in September), I'm going to listen so good when I'm five! But not Bro, he's a wild man"
 
How freakishly insightful is that? Love that girl.
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...