Monday, September 10, 2012

Easy Lunches



With Emma back at school twice a week and a busy schedule that has kind of snuck up on us, I am really going to try to keep meals around here as easy and healthy as possible. I was struck by this spread that includes a list of two ingredient sandwiches that sound perfect for those days when I want to keep things easy and light. Although some of the combinations like peanut butter and bacon (?) sound a little strange, I might just have to give it a try. What could be so bad about two of the greatest gifts the world has ever known coming together in a simple sandwich? Lately I have been all about layering onto toasted baguettes so I can't wait to head out to the grocery store with a substantially slimmed-down list to get us through the week.

I noticed that Emma hardly touched most of the lunch I packed for her on Thursday and blamed it on the back to school jitters. Seeing as how she survived the five hour school day on a couple of bites of strawberries and half a grilled cheese, I think I might use this as motivation to experiment a bit with her lunch. I try to send her off with a big breakfast just in case she doesn't eat much during the day and I think that a lunch like this would be a perfect way to ease her into a more wholesome and natural way of eating. It's long overdue.
 
Also, on those mornings when you have a few extra minutes and want to indugle in something a little bit fancy, I totally recommend this recipe. I made it a few weeks ago and it was as close to perfection as you can get. Below is a picture of my version and next time I will definitely incorporate some fresh herbs (parsley, basil) and a good drizzle of olive oil right at the end. Don't be fooled, I took this picture before a sprinkling of salt, pepper and crushed red pepper flakes. I can't help but add it to my eggs every time.


While I love baking sweets, I might start to post some of our quick daily meals to keep me motivated and to perhaps pass along a few good ideas and recipes. With beauties like this floating around the internet it's hard not to share! Hope you enjoy them!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...