Saturday, September 8, 2012

Emma's First Soccer Practice







Flirting. Always flirting...


Daddy reminding Emma to pay attention to her coach, not her newest BF.







I can honestly say that her first practice was probably the most fun I have ever had in my entire life. Or pretty close, at least. She was awesome! My parents met us there to watch their girl and she was thrilled to have her own cheering section. We were actually on time and super prepared with gear, snacks, and chairs and totally could have passed for those parents who are "with it". We NEVER look like we know what we're doing and I definitely could get used to the good life. Granted, Bro was a total maniac and had orange pulp stuck up his nose and crusted into his hair after the hour was up, but that's adorable, right?!

We spent the entire day prepping for her big day and she was so excited to make new friends and show her coach her kicks. She said she already knew everything about soccer but we convinced her that she needed to practice playing as a team with her new friends. She did really well considering it was her first time to play and we all let out a collective sigh of relief when practice was over. She only had one minor meltdown and I really couldn't blame her for it. That girl kept taking the ball from her while she was trying to score a goal! The nerve!

After practice was over they were discussing team names when Emma shouted out, "Team Cakes!" and I wiped a single tear from my cheek. She never ceases to make me proud. They eventually decided on the Tigers (a fine alternative) and her first game is next Saturday. Can't wait! We will be the ones cheering from the sidelines with no less than 4 cameras.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...