Tuesday, September 25, 2012

OUR NEW BATHROOM!

While we still have a few little ends to tie up, our bathroom is nearly complete! I couldn't be more happy with how it turned out and can't wait to show it off. We still need to order a counter and install the sinks and faucets, but until then we can't help but admire it. We have been through a lot with that bathroom and I am so happy to be starting fresh. Little by little the house is starting to feel like ours and I know that it's only going to get better.

I love that we went with the slate on the floor and I wish that the pictures did it justice. I wanted a natural stone and even though we were surprised with how hard it was to track down plain old natural slate, I'm so glad we didn't give up. It feels amazing underfoot and I love all of it's character. The cabinet was made by my Uncle Ricky to look like a Pottery Barn bathroom cabinet and it is so beautiful. We were really lucky that he agreed to make it for us and it is BY FAR my favorite piece in the room. There was a bit of a hiccup with the white subway tile around the tub and I have no one to blame but myself. Long story short, buy all of your tile from the same place. Even if they look and feel completely identical, there will be slight differences that will show up later. I'm sure you already knew that though.

Even with the tile situation, it is still my dream bathroom and I couldn't ask for more. I will try and add some more pictures once the room is complete!

PS - Thanks for your help, Shea. You have no idea how much I appreciated your expert advice :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...